How we support and guide your new business
Most new start up businesses have limited knowledge of the legal and financial aspects of running a business. Our job is to give you the best advice on how to succeed, and where to avoid the pitfalls.
Some of the questions we’ll answer for you when we meet:
Business and tax structure
- What’s the most suitable business and tax structure for my business?
- Is it more advantageous for me to register as a sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company etc?
Company share structure
- What should I have as my ideal share structure?
- Should I have a shareholder’s agreement?
- What do I need to do to start employing people?
- Is it appropriate and defensible to employ family members?
- When must I engage someone as an employee rather than as a self employed contractor?
- Am I an employee? How will I be remunerated - i.e. salary or dividend, etc?
Finance needed to get the business off the ground
- How do I best prepare a business plan, cash-flow projections, budgets and trading forecasts to enable me to raise the necessary finances?
- What are my finance requirements?
- What are the best sources of finance?
- How should I draw up the necessary proposals?
- How do I establish a good working relationship with a bank?
Companies House and HMRC
- What registration procedures do I need to set up with Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs?
- Do I need to do this for me personally as well as for the business?
- Will I need to VAT registered? When?
- What will be the best way of accounting for VAT? What VAT accounting scheme should I use?
Book-keeping or computerised records
- What company secretarial issues are relevant to me?
- What is the ideal recording system to set up for my internal use and for complying with statutory requirements?
If you have any questions please call Aidan Smyth or Clare Snook on 01892 515 733
Or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org